Lake Rabun Hotel & Restaurant Covid-19 Update
Since its founding in 1922, Lake Rabun Hotel has served as a place for our valued guests to unwind and experience a relaxing stay. In the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, The Lake Rabun Hotel is committed to remaining a safe and peaceful location for each visitor. That is why we have implemented new health-focused policies across our hotel, restaurant, and cottages.
Lake Rabun Hotel & Restaurant COVID-19 Policy
- Guests wear masks through common areas and have their temperature taken at check-in.
- The staff are required to wear masks in common areas, take their temperatures at the start of each shift, and stay home when sick.
- We have sanitizer stations placed at entrances, around the hotel, and in each room and cottage.
- Housekeeping uses a deep cleaner in each room and is cleaning common bathrooms and touchpoints with increased frequency.
- Previously shared items, such as water cups and cookies, are now in each room rather than in the lobby.
- There is social distancing signage throughout the hotel to encourage safe distances between people.
- Clear separation guards are in place at the front desk.
- Breakfast is now by reservation only. Tables are distanced from one another, and there is a limit on the number of people dining at one time.
- We have reduced contact with guests but have not lost our hospitality and customer service that we are known for!
Other COVID-19 Policies
- Extended leniency in cancellation policy so that you may reschedule without fear of penalty if you are sick.
- We are adhering to CDC guidelines and staying informed so that we can make any necessary changes as new information becomes available.
We have proudly served North Georgia for almost 100 years. Over this time, we’ve learned how to adapt our policies and services to better meet the needs of our guests. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, Lake Rabun is more committed than ever to providing every guest with peace of mind. We clean and disinfect as if each room will be occupied by our own friends and family.
Lake Rabun Restaurant COVID-19 Policy
Guests can still enjoy the award-winning Lake Rabun Restaurant, where we have implemented the necessary changes for a safe dining environment.
- All restaurant employees wear masks, check temperatures at the start of each shift, and are restricted from coming to work if showing any symptoms.
- Guests wear masks to and from their table and must have their temperature taken upon arrival.
- Single-use menus are printed daily to reduce touchpoints
- Salt and pepper shakers are brought upon request and are sanitized before and after each use
- All silverware is rolled to reduce the possibility of contamination
- We have removed over half of our tables to allow for proper social distancing between dining guests
- Our updated reservation system allows fewer guests to be seated per time slot
- Floor markings and signage direct the flow of traffic and promote social distancing
- We offer ample outdoor dining spaces
Lake Rabun Cottages COVID-19 Safety Measures
Peace of Mind Policy
The Lake Rabun Hotel has and will continue to put the safety of our guests and staff first. During these uncertain times, your peace of mind is very important to us. That’s why, in addition to the protection of having no-contact check-ins and maintaining adherence to the highest CDC standards of cleanliness, we have taken an extra step by adding a “buffer” between reservations.
This means no one will enter your sanitized cottage 24-hours before and 24-hours after your stay, which allows us time to fully clean, sanitize, and purify the air. Rest assured, we are doing everything we can to make certain you and your loved ones are safe, taking in nothing but the clean, fresh mountain air we’re known for and taking home nothing but memories of good times had here on gorgeous Lake Rabun.
For high-risk individuals who desire a truly contactless vacation, the charming cottages at Lake Rabun Fish Camp are ideal. With a fully equipped kitchen, these pet-friendly cottages are a great place to unwind and rejuvenate away from other people.
We are continually reviewing the Georgia Department of Health Coronavirus Administrative Orders and the CDC COVID-19 guidelines to provide the most up-to-date safety measures for our guests. If you have any questions about our policies or would like details, feel free to contact us.