About Fish Camp Cottages At Lake Rabun Hotel
The Lake Rabun Fish Camp is located in a peaceful, quiet setting a mile from the Lake Rabun Hotel and Restaurant and is close to Lakemont Historic Art Village, Tallulah Gorge State Park, and idyllic Lake Rabun itself. Fish Camp is happy to offer you a secluded romantic getaway for two, yet is also ideal for group gatherings such as family reunions, small weddings, class reunions, birthday/anniversary celebrations as well as corporate, religious/spiritual, and educational retreats.
The cottages are in a secluded woodland setting of old growth pines, hemlocks, oaks, native ferns, mountain laurel, and rhododendron. Each cottage is unique though the floor plans are very similar with each offering a large private deck perfect for enjoying your first cup of coffee in the morning. They’re charming, eclectic, and reflect a rich history of mountain adventures, Appalachian craftmanship, and the area’s Native American past.
There’s furniture of local mountain laurel and locust, comfortable leather sofas and chairs, oriental rugs and a mixture of local arts and crafts. It was created to give you an experience that combines the cottages interiors with the natural world outside.
Located in the heart of the Fish Camp, is “the gathering place”: a communal space surrounded by a rock wall, and at its center, a native stone fire pit that offers the opportunity to roast hot dogs and smores, share stories and memories, or just sit under the stars and let the cicadas and tree frogs serenade you…..
“Fish Camps are a Southern tradition born out of a desire to get together with friends and family. On weekends, folks used to gather and ‘cook up a mess of fish’, usually somewhere near the water.” We love the idea of people getting together and having a good time. We’re a short drive from some of the best rivers and lakes in the South. So, come on over. You can catch some fish while you’re here, or not…”
This cottage has a blend of Appalachian and Southwestern style. You’ll enjoy the privacy and views offered by the surrounding woods from your own deck.
A fine leather sofa, oriental rugs, unique handcrafted furniture, and free form black walnut countertops in the kitchen all contribute to a first- rate experience.
Entering the cottage, you feel embraced by its natural wooden walls and upscale Appalachian Furnishings. Snuggle in here and enjoy all the special touches. You may not want to leave…
Fish Camp Amenities
- Cottages are available with King, Queen, and Full-Sized beds with high thread count linens and quality down alternative pillows.
- Each cottage has a living room, dining room, fully equipped kitchen, 2 bedrooms, one bath, and large, private deck.
- Free Hi-Speed Wi-Fi
- As with all of our lodging options, no phones or televisions are available, as we encourage you and your family to reconnect with nature and each other
- Fully air-conditioned and heated with adjustable thermostats in each room.
- Hair dryers, iron and ironing board available in each cottage.
- Well-behaved pets welcome when crated in Cottages 1, 2, and 3.
- Children of all ages are welcome.
- Indoor and Outdoor Games provided
- Free Parking for two cars at each cottage
- DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS, BREAKFAST IS NOT AN AVAILABLE AMENITY FOR OUR FISH CAMP GUESTS AT THIS TIME.
- Free Concierge services for mountain adventures and activities are included with your rental fee and available through the front desk at the hotel.
- Enjoy Activities like fishing expeditions, fly fishing lessons, boat rentals, whitewater rafting, horseback riding, zip-lining, waterfall explorations, hiking, wine tasting tours, golf, ATV tours
Spa services are available by appointment only at The Lake Rabun Hotel & Restaurant and require at least a 48-hour notice. Appointments are based on the therapist’s availability. Due to health concerns for the mother & child, massages are only available for expectant mothers past their first trimester.
Places of interest nearby:
- Tallulah Falls & Tallulah Gorge
- Minnehaha Falls
- Angel & Panther Falls
- Lake Rabun Beach
- Hall’s Boathouse & Marina
- Historic Lakemont Art Village
- Tiger Mountain Vineyard, Stonewall Creek Vineyard, 12 Spies Vineyard
- Moonrise Distillery
- Black Rock Mountain State Park
‘Peace of Mind’ Policy
The Lake Rabun Hotel has and will continue to put the safety of our guests and staff first. During these uncertain times, your peace of mind is very important to us. That’s why, in addition to the protection of having no-contact check-ins and maintaining adherence to highest CDC standards of cleanliness, we have taken an extra step by adding a “buffer” between reservations. This means no one will enter your sanitized cottage 24-hours before and 24-hours after your stay which allows us time to fully clean, sanitize, and purify the air. Rest assured we are doing everything we can to make certain you and your loved ones are safe, taking in nothing but the clean, fresh mountain air we’re known for and taking home nothing but memories of good times had here on gorgeous Lake Rabun.